Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Valentine's Day & Greeting Card Kids

Today my posts are themed for Valentine's Day using the Greeting Card Kids stamp set. I love this stamp set...but I unfortunately just assembled it at the beginning of January to make some of my swaps from Leadership. Here she is:














The interesting thing about this card didn't even end up in this picture. For some of my swaps the awesome Basic Black & Very Vanilla 1 1/4" striped ribbon was put on the card using this awesome back and forth technique. It wasn't on there just flat like this one is...Well I started to run low (I thought) on glue dots. Which help hold the ribbon down in this technique. After searching through my pre-Leadership mess for what seemed like to long I went to just putting the ribbon on flat. I don't love it as much but the little girl is so sweet she makes up for it. As do the colors. I just love basic black with any pink but especially with pink pirouette. The embossing folder just gives it a little pop & the girl & the saying are popped up on dimensionals.

The next card, I could not get the picture to come out well when I took it. I didn't have anything, other than my hand to hold the card closed. So please forgive my thumb in the picture.





















This adorable card is also a gift card holder. The piece that says "love you" is folded up to make a flap to hold the gift card. It was one of the great swaps that I got from Leadership, unfortunetly I gave it away before finding out who the awesome designer was. So if this is your card email me so I can give credit where it is do.















Today's last card was designed by Crystal May of East Moline, IL (Shout out to another Demonstrator from Illinois). Where it doesn't say Valentine's Day by words on the card, it sure screams it to me. For this card greeting card kids, just believe & the great new You're A Gem stamp sets were used. The two colors are real red & whisper white. What is hard to tell from the picture is that the "4 Ever" words are actually embossed with white embossing powder. Really helps to give it a pop. The Designer Paper is the Love Impressions in the Occasions mini.To add a little more to the card you could even color the cute boy & girl.

That is it for this snowy day. It has really started coming down here in Central Illinois. Luckily all my family is home & accounted for. Hopefully we will be able to have some good quality time while this blizzard comes through. The kids didn't have school today & it is doubtful they will have it tomorrow, especially if we get the 12" to 18" of snow they are predicting. Brrr...luckily it gives me some extra time to stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment