Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

What a weekend! I left friday morning with 2 of my wonderful team members (BIG shout out to Sheilla & Crystal) on a 8 1/2 hour trek to Minneapolis Minnesota. On Saturday we attended a Stampin' Up Regional Conference & man was it great. We had the best time. Although I can't say I have ever been to a Stampin' Up Event & not had a great time. (smile) So after driving home the 8 1/2 hours on Saturday night & getting home just a little after 1:30 AM, I was pretty beat yesterday. All I could accomplish was unpacking my suitcase & getting some laundry going. So today will start a week (at least) of sharing awesome things from that Regional. Plus this week (I promise) I will have my full class schedule out through at least the end of April.

Now on to the stamping...that is why you stopped by right? (smile) This first card is far from perfect but it is my little guy Robert's valentines for his party this morning.





















I got the idea from somebody else...I just can't remember who...sorry. The card is whisper white cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with the tulip border embossing folder. I took the big heart punch and punched out 2 real red cardstock hearts & 2 real red glitter paper hearts to form the butterfly wings. The words are from the teeny tiny wishes stamp set & they are stamped in real red (Robert "helped" with this). I glued the wings down using the anywhere glue stick & next attached the smarties with glue dots. Just love it. Plus it was simple enough a 4 year old could "help".

This next project was done at regional by our very own Shelli Gardner, CEO & Co-Founder of Stampin' Up. She said they were her Valentine's Day gifts for her kids. It is an insert for our chunky frame.





















Isn't it absolutely beautiful. There are so many products & layers on here that I don't think I can even begin to list everything. So I will just try to list some of my favorites. On the crumb cake base layer, it has been run through the Big Shot with the polka dot embossing folder & sprayed with smooch spritz spray. She cut the old olive seam binding ribbon in half to make it's width smaller for her bow. On the chantilly lace ribbon she cut off the very bottom to shabby up the bottom & the sides. She used 2 of my favorite embellishments, antique brads & the key trinkets. Just love the whole thing. Wouldn't that be a great gift for someone to display year after year. So while we are on the subject of Shelli. Here is a picture of myself & team members with her on Saturday.














Thanks so much to Shelli for taking the time to take a picture & meet Crystal & Sheilla who were attending their 1st Stampin' Up Event.

I hope you are all having a wonderful Valentine's Day. Try not to eat too many sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment