Friday, October 1, 2010

A Spooky Invite

My daughter Alexis will turn 16 on November 3rd but she was due on Halloween. I am so glad she was not born that day. Just a little too spooky to have that as your birthday. We started talking about her 16th birthday party &  looked at the two weekends that are around her birthday. Of course the fact that Halloween was the Sunday before just made it seem like a natural. Plus that way I will feed them then set them loose on the neighborhood. Sorry to my neighbors. Earlier in the year I had made some treat bags for a fund raising event that everyone just loved. Made with the tutorial from fellow demonstrator Gretchen Barron found Here. The favorite from the Halloween gang was the Mummy. So I am in the process of making 15 of these cards. Then we will be making some of the Halloween gang as treat bags to go in each guests spot on the table.




















I did have to change a little bit of the instructions for him since the color he was originally sponged with is retired. So he is sponged with Crumb Cake. Then I just added a couple of gold eyelets to finish the card off. Then inside we will put all the spooky party information. Alexis is super excited...now if she just had some free time to help make these guys.
Over the weekend I will be posting 4 of the cards that I have made this week. They all use the Peaceful Season Level 2 Hostess Set out of the Holiday Mini & 1 of them will be 1 of the 5 designs for my Christmas Card Event. I am just having a hard time picking which one. Make sure you stop by to give me your thoughts.
Now it is off to get ready for the weekend. My son has an away football game tonight that is about an hour away & all my teenagers are at a Marching Band Competition on Saturday that is about an hour in the opposite directions. Lots of driving this weekend. Let's Go EAGLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment