Friday, October 29, 2010

Bat & Candy Everywhere

At my house we are getting ready for Halloween with a Bang! My youngest Robert had his week to take treats to preschool this week. I planned that on purpose because I wanted to use the fantastic candy wrapper die in the Holiday mini to make his treats for today to share during their Halloween party. But my youngest daughter Alexis is turning 16 next Wednesday & we are having her sweet 16 party this Sunday on Halloween. So I had to make candy wrappers for the party too. (I am also working on favor bags & decorating the napkins but that will be in a post this weekend). So here are how Robert's candy wrappers went together.




















First I started by punching out two bats. One out of basic black cardstock & one out of basic black waffle paper. My advice is to punch these to papers at the same time. Otherwise the punch has a habit of getting caught up in the waffle paper.















Then I cut all of the candy wrappers out of whisper white paper. I did this with the candy wrapper die (out of the Holiday Mini) run through the Big Shot machine. After I glued it together using TomBow glue (this is the fastest drying glue Stampin' Up sells) I wrapped the middle with a strip of Nite Owl Designer Paper.









Then I punched a 1 3/8" circle out of daffodil delight cardstock, glued the 2 bats together & glued them onto the circle. Then the "moon" is put on the strip of designer paper with a dimensional.








Then I closed up one side of the candy wrapper with Raven 1/2" lace trim (out of the Holiday Mini) & basic black taffeta ribbon.











Once all of the candy wrappers were assembled & had 1 end tied. I filled them with M&Ms.
















Once I filled them then I closed the other end up the same way.




















Here they are all filled, stacked & ready to fly to Robert's preschool. Here are the ones that I made for my Daughter Alexis' party.












They are made only with Nite Owl Designer Series paper, no cardstock. They were closed up with the same ribbon. The trick to the fold on these candy wrappers is to make sure that you work every single fold line with your bone folder. This will make assembly MUCH easier.
On a personal note, Tonight we are off to New Lenox, Illinois for Dunlap to take on Lincoln-Way West for the 1st round of high school football playoffs. Let's Go Eagles! We finished the regular season 7 - 2 so I believe we have a good shot at tonight's game. We are up against a much bigger school but I am sure our boys will hand tough. We finished another year of Marching Band last Saturday. I am super proud of how hard the kids worked this year. Here is a picture of my oldest 3 kids at the competition 2 weeks ago at the University of Illinois. This is a very rare picture when you get all 3 of them together without some sort of bribery.















Jeffrey (my oldest by 10 minutes) is on the left, with Alexis in the middle & Jeff's twin, Kayla on the right. Hopefully next week I will post a picture of my youngest in is costume for Halloween.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment