Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Next Redo!

My next redo of a awesome swap also comes from Stampin' Up Leadership. In fact you have already seen it. But as a reminder here it is.





















This card was in the running to be my Mom's birthday card. But she doesn't like any green so I picked a card that had no green. Then she was at my house & I showed her a few cards that I had laying around & she pointed to this one & said " I love that card." So I told her it could have been her birthday card but it's not (it wasn't her birthday yet so I couldn't tell her which one was). Since my Mom liked it so much I thought that I would redo it & make it into a Easter Card. So that is what I did. (smile)





















For the base of this card I used blushing bride, which I must confess is a very underused color by me. Then I took a piece of very vanilla cardstock & stamped the lined image from fast & fabulous (level 2 hostess set) in old olive, then stamped the solid image in blushing bride. Don't you just love 2 step stamping. So easy with clear blocks. Then I punched a strip of old olive with the dotted ribbon punch (love this punch) & adhered it to the very vanilla piece. Then I ran the very vanilla with the old olive piece on it through the Big Shot with the square lattice embossing folder. Then I stamped the Happy Easter words from the Easter Blossom stamp set in old olive on very vanilla, punched it out with the extra large oval punch & sponged around the edges. The I took 1 piece of old olive 5/8" grosgrain ribbon with 1 piece of chantilly lace ribbon on top & glued them behind the Happy Easter punch. Then popped the oval up on dimensionals on the card. Then a little pearl under the S of Easter & your done.

So this will be one of my Easter cards for my family. Luckily with Easter being so late this year I have time to actually get some cards made. So far I am at 8 (smile).

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment