Friday, March 18, 2011

Borrowing some Mojo!

Today I am going to show you two cards that were based on a couple of cards that were made by the FABULOUS Kimberly Van Diepen. Her two cards can be seen by visiting her blog by clicking Here.

Then here is the first of my two cards. I should apologize before you see them. Not that the cards are bad but that my pictures are bad. First of all I took them on a blue background (what was I thinking) which throws all the colors off. Second I took them with my little Nikon not by wonderful Nikon D40 (which makes everything look lovely). So sorry the pictures are not that great. Please take my word on the colors especially on the 2nd card.

















This first card is whisper white base & layers with the very vanilla & basic black dsp from love letters DSP. The button image is from the sew suite collection stamp set & the friend to friend (I just love these words) are from the teeny tiny wishes stamp set. The safety pin is from the vintage trinkets. The buttons are one from the bright collection & one from the subtles collection. Behind both whisper white pieces are basic black. One punched with the scallop oval & one with the lovely ribbon border punch.

Here is the second card (again sorry for the quality).






I wish this picture had come out better (or that I had time to reshoot it with my other camera) because it is so much prettier than this picture gives it credit for being. The base is crumb cake with the first layer being the pattern page of the sew suite collection designer paper pack. Then the next layer is basic gray with a piece of early espresso punched with the ribbon border punch behind it. Then the mannequin is stamped in early espresso ink on baja breeze cardstock (yes I swear the colors are right). Then the button is a basic gray button on a glue dot. Then 3 of the medium pearls from the mannequin's feet.


Tomorrow I will be showing some of the cards that are my favorite recent swaps remade with a little bit of changes. Then next week I will be showing you some of my favorite pages from my scrapbook in a day event today.

Have a great weekend.

PS this was supposed to be Saturday's post but the wrong button got hit. This is what happens when a 4 year old helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment